Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Refashioning an old Dress :)

Hello Crafters! This is a great way that you can turn a sort of out-of-fashion to-big-for-you dress into a cute dress that you can feel nice in! My dress started out looking like this..,
Before

 You can't really see in the picture but it was a really awkward length and the neck went wayyy to low. I had some fixing up to do ;)


First I took off about 2 1/2 inches off the bottom and hemmed it up.(by hand!) That took FOREVER!

Next I turned the dress inside out and sewed up the neckline by about a inch.

I took the scrap that I had cut from the bottom of the dress and turned it into a nice sash.

There was also a stain that I tried to cover-up with a flower but it looked weird and I ended up taking it off. 
After
So there you go! Have Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment