Monday, May 9, 2016

How to Make Tin Foil Earrings

Difficulty Level: Not hard a'tall! 

Hello Crafters! Today i'm going to show you how to make tin foil earrings! This is what I made for my mom for Mother's day.


Materials;
A square of Tin Foil about 1 foot across
beading wire, regular wire, or thread
wire cutters or scissors
two earring hooks
a needle that you can thread wire through

They were very simple. To start I took a sheet of foil about 6 inches by 3 inches and crumpled it up and poked and prodded it till it was a good looking ball shape. then I took another square of foil a little smaller and crumpled that up to. It actually took me several tries for me to get two that looked pretty close in size. I chose this design but you can do anything you would like to, add different colored beads, use more then one ball, color the foil, anything. I did a little ball on top of a larger one. 

Ok, once you have the four balls that you would like to use you take a peice or wire about 14 in. long and fold it in half. first string your earring hook on to the wire so it falls where the fold is. Next take your needle and thread the two ends of the wire through it and hold it so they don't slip out. Then take the smaller ball and right in the middle, poke you needle all the way through, Then slide the bigger one on, right above the little one. Take the needle off but make sure your foil balls don't fall off. Lastly tie a knot at the end of the big one. You should probably double know it just to make sure. Cut the wire and do the next one. It's really very simple once you get the hang of it. If this is confusing I hop to make a video tutorial, but I can't promise that anytime soon. 


So there you go! These are simple, pretty and stylish. They will go with anything. Thank you and Have fun Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment